|The following Standard Operating Policies apply to all persons and boats on the property of, or in the water of, Battery Park Marina (hereinafter “BPM”).
1. Any boat which enters the Marina, and all persons aboard said boat, immediately become subject to these operating policies. All persons aboard such boat shall follow any instructions given by BPM personnel.
2. Facilities offered at BPM for seasonal slipholders include pool, private restrooms (heated and air-conditioned), 24-hour security, fuel pier, park, tennis courts, and gift shop/store.
3. Quiet hours are from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. However, noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times. All persons within the Marina shall use discretion in operating engines, generators, radios, and television sets so as not to create a nuisance or disturbance.
4. All sailboats must have halyards tied or secured. Any unsecured halyards or other lines creating a nuisance during any wind shall be secured by BPM at the Owner’s expense.
5. Owners must meet their guests and escort them through the security gates. BPM shall not provide guests with access to the docks.
6. A City of Sandusky ordinance requires dogs to be on a leash at all times. Owners must control their pets at all times on the Marina property. Pets shall not be secured to docks or sidewalks. Owners shall clean up after their pets. BPM provides designated dog walk areas. Pets are prohibited from being in the park by city ordinance. Owners shall restrain their dogs from barking excessively.
7. Holding tanks and toilets shall not be discharged into Marina waters or in the restrooms. Holding tanks and toilets shall be emptied at the pumpout or dumping station located on the Marina’s fuel pier.
8. Boats with bow pulpits or other objects extending from the bow or stern of the boat must be secured so said object does not extend over the docks; boats with swim platforms, outboard motors, rudders, and other objects extending into the fairway are subject to an additional charge. Boats with an excessive overhang or extending too far into the fairway may be relocated to a larger slip at the Owner’s expense.
9. Fishing is prohibited within the Marina.
10. Swimming and/or diving are prohibited within the Marina by the Health Department of Erie County.
11. The park is closed from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. seven days a week.
12. Open fires are not permitted on docks, piers, or boats. Grills are provided in the park.
13. Boats shall be docked in designated slips only. Boats found elsewhere shall be moved at the Owner’s expense.
14. Disorder, public intoxication, profanity, nudity, or abusive language by a boat owner, his employees, visitors, family,or others are prohibited and shall result in the immediate removal from the Marina of the boat belonging to said Owner. Threats against people or property are prohibited and shall result in the immediate removal of the boat of said Owner from the Marina.
15. A responsible representative of each boat shall immediately report to BPM management and complete an Incident Report stating the time, place, cause, and circumstances of any accident or injury to a passenger or other person, or damage to any property, in which an Owner’s boat or member of Owner’s party is involved.
16. Owner shall keep boats in seaworthy condition and shall create neither a fire hazard, eyesore nor a sinking hazard. Owners shall keep boats properly moored and dry within at all times.
17. In the event that a boat should begin taking on water or sink in the Marina, the Owner shall remove said boat immediately upon being notified of its taking on water or sinking. Should the Owner fail to do so, BPM shall have the boat removed at the Owner’s sole expense. In the event that such occurrence should result in spillage or any other environmental hazard, Owner shall be responsible for immediate clean up thereof and any cost associated with it. Upon its discovery of said environmental hazard, BPM may remove and undertake the clean-up thereof, in which case Owner shall be responsible for all costs therewith.
18. Owners shall notify the BPM office any time they plan to have their boats removed from the Marina for a period of more than forty-eight (48) hours. In such event, the Marina shall have the right to use said Owner’s designated slip as transient dockage.
19. No persons shall store supplies, materials, accessories or debris on docks, piers, or walkways. Such items shall be stored only in dockboxes, which have been rented by, or approved by, BPM. Installation of such shall be performed by BPM personnel only.
20. All dock carts shall be returned to the designated area after each use.
21. Laundry shall not be hung on boats, docks, or any other outside location within the marina.
22. Only commercially manufactured boat fenders shall be used within the Marina.All fenders, hoses and dock lines must be removed at the end of each season due to potential dock repairs. Fenders, hoses and dock lines remaining at the end of the season will be removed by BPM personnel.
23. Routine maintenance and minor repairs may be performed by boat Owner within the Marina. Such routine maintenance and minor repairs shall be performed only between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., except in case of emergency.
24. No person, other than BPM personnel, shall use any equipment, which is the property of BPM.
25. No outside contractor shall be permitted within the Marina without prior approval from BPM management. Outside contractors shall be subject to the BPM Visiting Contractor Regulations, a copy of which contractors shall obtain from BPM and shall agree to observe in order to receive approval to work on the premises of BPM. Outside Contractors are only permitted to work in the marina from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on weekdays.
26. BPM reserves the right to prevent or stop any work being performed which is unacceptable to BPM.
27. BPM is not responsible for boats stranded, hitting bottom or striking submerged objects. Due to the constantly changing water levels, BPM will not refund fees collected if the boat’s draft exceeds the basin’s water depth.
28. Solicitation or advertising of any kind within the Marina are prohibited. Owner shall not permit any solicitors, brokers, sales people or prospects on or about the boat while it is within the Marina without prior approval from BPM.
29. Boat Owners with parties consisting of more than one (1) vehicle shall park all but one (1) of the vehicles in less crowded parking areas, i.e. the South parking lot adjacent to the tennis courts.
30. RV’s and campers shall be parked in the South parking lot, adjacent to the tennis courts. Overnight occupation of RV’s and campers is prohibited by city ordinance.
31. Vehicles parked in areas that are not designated as parking spaces shall be towed away at the Owner’s expense. Vehicles parked for more than 1 week shall notify the Marina office of the duration of the vehicle’s stay and park in the South parking lot.
32. Security gates shall be closed at all times.
33. Children under six (6) years of age shall be accompanied by an adult and shall be wearing an approved personal flotation device at all times when on docks.
34. Fueling shall be performed only at the Marina’s fuel pier. It is illegal, as well as a safety hazard, to refuel a boat in a marina using containers of fuel. Containers of fuel may not be carried into the marina and onto the docks.
35. All boats operating within the Marina shall proceed at such speed as to create no wake.
36. All waste and refuse must be placed within containers provided. No oil or flammable liquids shall be discharged into the Marina or into trash receptacles.
37. Waste oil shall be disposed of into a designated container. Please contact BPM personnel for disposal.
38. No person, other than BPM personnel, shall make repairs, alterations, or additions to any marina facilities. Any damage to Marina property shall be reported to BPM management immediately so that said damage may be repaired.
39. Neither hoses nor electrical lines shall run across the docks or in the water. Water supply hoses of unattended boats shall be placed on hose hangers or stowed on board the boat. Owners of boats using excessive amounts of electricity or water shall be charged an additional fee. Only commercially manufactured marine electrical cords and adapters shall be used in the Marina.
40. Boat security decals must be displayed on all boats renting seasonal slips.
41. By order of the Erie County Health Department, fish cleaning is prohibited within the Marina, except at the designated fish cleaning station (at the West end of L-pier).
42. The use of fireworks or sparklers is strictly prohibited.
43. No UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) a.k.a. “DRONES” are permitted on BPM premises at any time without written approval from BPM management.
44. Under Ohio Revised Code section 6111.94 it is illegal to dispose or discharge any non-EPA approved antifreeze into Ohio waters. Persons violating this law are subject to substantial fines.
45. Owners shall not engage in any activities on BPM property which are in violation of any federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
46. Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters and skateboards are not allowed in the building or permitted to be used on the docks. Bicycles are to be removed from BPM property by October 31st of each year. Bicycles remaining at the end of the season will be removed by BPM personnel.